last minute thanksgiving

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hello all my American friends!

Hope you're ready to eat your face off and pull out those stretchy pants for the first (or second?) time this year. It's turkey time!

What? You're not ready? You still need inspiration?I might be able to help. Although I've never made a turkey or stuffing, I might be able to help with the side dishes.



Dessert
- traditional pumpkin pie. It's a classic.
- apple crumble pie. Who doesn't love apples, cinnamon, butter, and oats?
- blackberry macaroon tart. Untraditional, but still super delicious
- apple blackberry crisp. Just do this.
- chocolate chip bread pudding. Also delicious as breakfast, I've done this.

Sides
- hasselback potatoes. Fancy lady potatoes.
- cheddar cheese buttermilk biscuits.
- cheddar muffins. Why yes I would like more cheese.
- bretzel rolls. Great for leftover turkey sammiches.
-cheesy corn bake. Corn + cheese = heaven


Enjoy your weekend off, don't eat or shop too much, and be thankful for everything wonderful in your life.