Tuesday, November 15, 2011
- Trail mix. For reals, it's a problem.
- clothes that don't (and currently won't) fit me.
- Putting baby hats on Jackson.
- Chai lattes.
- Dark grey walls.
- Adele's new album.
- Christmas themed maternity photos.
- Baby boy cardigan sweaters.
- Pajamas all day.
- Mixing breakfast cereals.
- Cucumber slices and green grapes.
- Documentaries on Netflix.
- This song.
- Making tiny cups out of cookie dough and filling it with melted chocolate.
- Then feeding them all to the husband.
Chocolate chip cookie cups
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown and white sugar on medium speed, until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, salt, and baking soda, mix to combine. On low speed, slowly add the flour until no dry parts are left. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
Scoop 1 teaspoon of dough into each muffin cup, pressing down and up the sides. Almost to form a little cup. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the cups are just turning deep, golden brown. Press the middles of the cookie cups down again with the back of a spoon or the knob of a wooden spoon.
In a small bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave. Spoon a small amount of the melted chocolate into the centre of the cups. Let cool for 10 - 15 minutes, or until chocolate has set a little bit before attempting to remove the cups from the muffin tin.
Feed to chocolate monster husbands who ask, "When are you putting this on the blog? You should tell everyone I loved it so much."