naked gingerbread men

Friday, December 17, 2010
If you took out the word gingerbread, my title would sound very dirty. I would probably get a lot of visits.

I'm in the midst of making 8 giant gingerbread men for cookie decorating with small children tomorrow. No. 6 is taking shape in the oven right now.

Now there aren't 8 children decorating cookies tomorrow, just 3 but us adults would like to decorate too, or at least I do. So I thought why not make it for all of us? The big kids will enjoy just as much as the little kids.

But, I have a confession to make.

I used boxed cookie mix. Iamsoashamed.

I thought about making 4 batches of gingerbread cookie dough (you get 2 men per batch), but then I thought I don't want to be up until midnight making a gingerbread soccer team. I desperately need some sleep, the Christmas traffic madness is starting to wear on me.

So at 6:45 am this morning, I went to Walmart to pick up some last minute Christmas items (off track for a second, ever been to Walmart during "regular" hours throughout December, it's suicide. Guaranteed to spend at least an hour in the checkout line. Take advantage of their 24 hour schedule over Christmas, Trust me.) and afterwards I went to Superstore (which coincidentally is also open 24 hours) and found some gingerbread cookie mix.

So I thought with making 8 peeps, I need help anyway I can take it. I caved and bought it. It tastes pretty darn good. Nothing like homemade, but we are going to be covering them with icing and candy, so it'll be fine.

One of the ginger-army's leg broke off. The husband and I ate it. I'll be decorating that one for the husband, I'm thinking it needs an ugly Christmas sweater to make up for the leg. Or ginger crutches.