wedding cake

Monday, November 1, 2010

Made by The Sweet Chef Gibsons, B.C.
 Yep, our wedding cake was made of rice krispie squares and yes it was as delicious as it looks.



Today is the 6 month anniversary of our wedding and lately I've been reflecting on that day quite a bit. It was a day full of love, laughter and breaking tradition. Love came from every side of our family, from my crazy but lovable grandma to my husbands MANY siblings. Our families are a mish-mash of joined families on both sides, divorces rampant on either. But on this day, none of that seemed to matter. 


Laughter came from the silly glasses everyone wore as we entered the reception room, the photos of us watching a hockey game (yes, I am a canuck) in all of our wedding garb and the best man and my grandmother (yes, the crazy one) honouring us with the first dance to none other than hotel california by the eagles.


Tradition was broken as my husband and I took the time to realize this wedding was about us and about being with our families and the people we cherish the most. Not the fact that it should be what everyone else wanted. I solely believe that is the reason our wedding was more like a party and a wedding broke out. 




What I take from that day, besides the fun and shenanigans, is that I married my best friend. He's my gossip monger, my cookie monster, giver and taker of cat love, my heart, my soul and everything in between.


6 months down, forever to go.