last night...

Thursday, June 16, 2011
Last night, we lost a hockey game.

And I watched my city burn.

I am embarrassed to say I am from Vancouver this morning. The actions of a small handful of douche bags left a huge black mark on the city of Vancouver.

I have no words to describe how angry and ashamed I am about what happened last night. I had to sit in horror watching some drunk idiots riot, loot and burn cars for no reason. Sure, we lost the Stanley cup, the better team won. Tim Thomas was amazing.

Inside Rogers Arena, a standing ovation and cheers were given to the winning team, very much deserved, while the scene outside was horrifying. Innocent people in stores, scared to death by people smashing windows and looting. I was watching a guy come out of London Drugs with an armful of pringles. You've got to be kidding me? You're looting for pringles? Moron.

The Vancouver Police Department and the men and women of the RCMP, including all the riot squad and mounted police, did everything they could and they did a fantastic job. We are lucky to have men and women like that to save our city and arrest the d-bags who decided it was a great idea to riot.

As for the morons who were rioting, did you forget we were in the digital age? Did you notice everyone taking your photo and video? If you have any photos or videos of idiots causing destruction, please email them to robbery@vpd.ca or send photos to Vancouver 2011 Criminal Riot list and put these idiots in jail.