hot chocolate

Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I know I said this earlier, but man it is cold. Minus 18 with the wind chill. I think my mittens will need to be surgically removed.

I was out all afternoon yesterday with the husband and getting in and out of the car caused this bone chill that I could not shake. Do you know what the answer for that is ? Hot chocolate.

Sometimes tea just doesn't cut it. Sometimes you need the creamy, chocolaty, milky goodness of hot chocolate. And I ain't talking about no package crap.

I'm sorry I didn't take any photos of it, I drank it as fast as possible to try and warm myself up. Next time, I will be conscientious of the blog and take photo. Screw core body temp, we need pictures for the blog!


Hot chocolate

2 tablespoons cocoa, I use dutch process but anything you have in the house is good
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 cups milk


Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until milk is steaming and cocoa had completely blended with the milk, stirring frequently to prevent the milk from burning.

Pour into two Disney character mugs and serve with marshmallows and / or candy canes, should you feel so inclined.

Stay warm Vancouverites!